Our Fit Kits are tried and tested! Old Man Mountain was born in 1996 from the need to mount racks on bikes without traditional mounting points and make every bike capable of doing more. Our Fit Kits do just that while having some key benefits over eyelet mounting too.
- Fit Kits protect your bike. Not all bike eyelets are meant for racks, most are only made for fenders or have very low weight limits. Axle mounting protects your frame by moving the load from a small bolt that’s loaded in shear to a stud that extends from the axle and is captured by the rack dropouts.
- Need to carry more gear? Axle mounting increases our Divide rack’s load capacity to 70lbs/33kg.
- Want to move your rack between multiple bikes? Fit Kits make it easy to swap between bikes or front and rear mounting with just a few bolts.?
Fit Kits contains all the parts needed to thru axle mount an Old Man Mountain bike rack to your fat bike with a 12 mm thru axle.
Please use the Fit Kit Finder on the Old Man Mountain site to figure out which one you need:
- SET806 12 x 209mm thru axle with 1.5 mm thread pitch
- SET807 12 x 217-229mm thru axle with 1.75 mm thread pitch
- SET808 12 x 223-229mm thru axle with 1.5 mm thread pitch
- SET809 12 x 209mm thru axle with 1.75 mm thread pitch
- SET815 12 x 217-229mm thru axle with 1.0 mm thread pitch
All kits includes:
- A pair of mounting pucks, for bikes without upper eyelets.
- Ultra strong and UV stable Panduit Zip Ties
- Clear protective tape, for underneath the pucks and Zip Ties
- Mounting hardware