The Bon Jon Pass is our Goldilocks tire: at 700C x 35 mm, it fits bikes that have extra clearance around the Stampede Pass (32 mm), but not enough space for a Barlow Pass (38mm). We name our tires after the passes that inspire them: Bon Jon Pass is a remote pass on the Olympic Peninsula. The moderate gradient allows you to let your bike fly, and these tires are perfect for the smooth gravel surface of the pass and for the chip-sealed asphalt that covers the approach.
The Standard casing is our more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
This tyre is tubeless-compatible. If running tubeless on Rene Herse tyres we recommend using Orange Seal sealant with these tyres. Check out Rene Herse's guide to setting up tubeless tyres here.
The supple casing of our Rene Herse all-road tires rolls smoothly over surface irregularities. The tread pattern interlocks with the road surface for superior cornering grip, whether your roads are wet or dry. The tread has enough thickness in the center to last many miles, but it’s thin and supple on the shoulders where it doesn’t wear. All models feature:
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 90 psi (6.2 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 60 psi (4 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 35 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 36 mm
- Extralight casing: +0.5 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 – 26 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 355 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Black or tan sidewalls
- 303 g
- The same ultra-fine threads as our Extralight casing, but in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 355 g