The Naches Pass is the 26″ version of our iconic Babyshoe Pass 650B tire, with a perfect balance of on-pavement grip and off-pavement volume. We name our tires after the passes in the Cascade Mountains that inspire them: Naches Pass is a historic route across the Cascades that has been bypassed by modern highways. Today it’s a beautiful trail that winds through the forest before crossing the Pacific Crest Trail at the treeline, with great views of Mount Rainier in the distance.
The Standard casing is our more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
TUBELESS & SEALANT RECOMMENDATIONS:
This tyre is tubeless-compatible, however if running tubeless on Rene Herse tyres we find the extralight casing can be tricky to set up and maintain, but the standard, endurance and endurance plus casings work well. We recommend using Orange Seal sealant. Check out Rene Herse's guide to setting up tubeless tyres here.
The supple casing of our Rene Herse all-road tires rolls smoothly over surface irregularities. The tread pattern interlocks with the road surface for superior cornering grip, whether your roads are wet or dry. The tread has enough thickness in the center to last many miles, but it’s thin and supple on the shoulders where it doesn’t wear. All models feature:
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 75 psi (5.2 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 60 psi (4 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 41 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 42 mm
- Extralight casing: +1 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 – 31 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 350 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Black or tan sidewalls
- 300 g
- The same ultra-fine threads as our Extralight casing, but in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 355 g