The 14L Terrapin® System is a modular, waterproof seat pack with a removable drybag that allows for easy packing off the bike. Approaching nearly a decade since it's first design, this generation of Terrapin has improvements on the stability, ease of use, and durability of the bag.
Sharing features with our award-winning 8L Terrapin System, the 14L Terrapin System features Revelate's exclusive Indie-Rail attachment system. A progression from conventional bikepacking bag mounts where the rail straps are fixed to the top center of the bag, with Indie-Rail each saddle rail is cinched down hard to the sides of the bag. This feature virtually eliminates side to side bag sway without the need for external hardware. This is combined with a rigid internal structure and active cam buckles to prevent straps from slipping on rough terrain.
The Terrapin features an external plastic bottom sheet which acts as a fender to protect the bottom of the bag from kicked up debris. Stiffened on all sides, a composite internal top sheet provides a solid and stable platform for the strap points and transmits the vertical load to the seatpost connection. An external webbing and loop system houses a bungee and provides additional easy access external storage.
- Indie-Rail attachment system and active cam hardware provide a super stable mount without added hardware
- Radio frequency welded drybag with air purge valve
- Adjustable capacity; Fold under the top storage deck and use top mounted female buckles to secure smaller loads
- Protective external plastic bottom frame sheet
- User friendly side release buckles to secure drybag
- Aluminum hardware at high-stress points
- Composite internal top frame sheet
- X-Pac panels that are two times as abrasion resistant as standard VX material
- Foam-stiffened side panels with fiberglass compression stays
- External webbing and bungee for additional storage
- Carbon seatpost friendly
- Compatible with Thudbuster with use of Thudbuster extension
- Minimum 8.5 in / 21.6 cm of tire clearance (shown as line A) required from saddle rails to tire.
Important information on use and fit:
- This product is not designed for use with dropper seatposts.
- This bag is for carrying soft, pliable objects. Sufficiently pad any hard edge objects like cookware to prevent premature wear.
- It is mandatory to check tire clearance prior to use, especially with full suspension bikes. Bag contact with a tire can cause a bad wreck and ruin your day. Tire damage to the bag is not covered by warranty.
- Please evaluate how your system works well before a planned trip.
Terrapin®: 15 oz / 425 g
Drybag: 5 oz / 142 g
Drybag: 854 in³ / 14 L
VX 21 X-Pac; Rhinotec; Drybag: 200-denier waterproof TPU laminated ripstop nylon with air purge valve. Terrapin® made in USA with domestic and imported materials. Drybag imported.
- Manufacturer SKU