Got a rear wheel from a geared bike collecting dust in your garage? Maybe it’s time you gave it some new life as a singlespeed wheel. Surly's singlespeed spacer kit allows you to use singlespeed cassette cogs on any Shimano-style freehub body.
The kit comes with a selection of anodised aluminum spacers, so you can get a perfect chainline to complement your road, track or mountain crankset. The large-diameter, stainless steel Cassette Lockring holds everything together and perfectly matches the outside diameter of the spacers. Plus, it matches the machined shoulder of Surly's single-speed cassette cogs (not included). The lockring is machined to utilise a common Shimano cassette lockring tool for installation and removal. This isn’t just a mix of off-the-shelf parts; Surly went the extra distance to give you a kit that will provide maximum functionality, durability and aesthetic value.
• Converts multi-speed to single speed on Shimano freehub bodies
• Anodised aluminium spacers (qty x 6 of varying widths)
• Stainless steel cassette lockring
• Designed to work on a Shimano or Shimano-compatible 8-, 9- or 10-speed freehub body
• Machined lockring is compatible with Shimano cassette lockring tool (for easy installation and removal)
• Suits Cassette Body Type: Shimano 1
• Suits Cassette Body Type: Shimano 8, 9, 10, SRAM
- Manufacturer SKU