René Herse Switchback Hill TC 650Bx48
$120.00 – $145.00
Inspired by the legendary Oregon Outback and named after the first climb of that epic 360-mile gravel ride/race, the Switchback Hill remains the lightest, fastest and most comfortable ultra-wide 650B tire.
On the Oregon Outback route, the gravel is quite loose in places, and the extra flotation of the Switchback Hills gives you more speed and security when the going gets really rough. 30% of the Oregon Outback is on pavement, so we designed this tire to roll as fast and grip as well as a good racing tire. The tread has enough thickness in the center to last many miles, but it’s thin and supple on the shoulders where it doesn’t wear. With this tire, you truly have the best of both worlds.
The Standard casing is our more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
The Switchback Hill is tubeless-compatible.
This product ships for free to anywhere in Australia via regular Australia post!
All models feature:
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 49 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 50 mm
- Extralight casing: +1 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 – 35 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 441 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Black or tan sidewalls
- 403 g
- The same ultra-fine threads as our Extralight casing, but in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 441 g
Reviews & Discussion (0)
You may also like…
Customers also viewed...
René Herse Barlow Pass TC 700 x 38$115.00 – $140.00 Select options
René Herse Bon Jon Pass TC 700 x 35$115.00 – $140.00 Select options
René Herse Babyshoe Pass TC 650Bx42$115.00 – $140.00 Select options
Out of stock
René Herse Hatcher Pass TC 700 x 48$120.00 – $145.00 Select options
Teravail Rampart$65.00 – $100.00 Select options
René Herse Antelope Hill TC 29″ x 2.2″ (700C x 55)$120.00 – $155.00 Select options