The term “pass hunter” refers to the sport of riding over multiple mountain passes. It’s more popular in France and Japan than in the US. Rules are explained on this page.
The particulars are:
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chrome-moly
- Fork: 1 1/8″ threadless
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Tire: 35mm with fenders, 38mm without
- Rear Spacing: 135mm
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: IS mount disc, 160mm
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: 2
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Vertical dropouts with replaceable hanger
- Single eyelets on rear dropout, internal eyelets on seat stays
- Single eyelets on fork dropouts, integrated upper fork eyelets
- Internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
Includes frame and fork. Headset not included.
There is a great review of the canti-brake version of the Pass Hunter in the May 2014 issue of Bicycle Times magazine. A few quotes can be found here.