Surly Ice Cream Truck Blue
The Ice Cream Truck has the ability to float over pretty much anything you’ll find out there be it snow, rocks, mud, sand, or rocky mud. But unlike other, more terrain crawling fat bike models, the Ice Cream Truck’s geometry is trail approved and ready to rip.
The Ice Cream Truck is made out of Surly’s own proprietary 4130 CroMoly steel and is ED coated. ED coating is a process that leaves a coating that, externally, provides a solid foundation for paint while also providing an added layer of corrosion protection internally. However, we still recommend an additional treatment such as Frame Saver or Boeshield. Ice Cream Truck begins to differ from all of our other fat bike models from there.
The Ice Cream Truck frame is symmetrically spaced at 190mm. It features Surly’s MDS dropout system so you have the option of running a 197mm thru-axle, 190mm geared or a single speed rear end. The complete Ice Cream Truck comes with only the Shimano direct mount, 197mm thru-axle chips and framesets come with all three MDS chips. It also features a 132mm wide PressFit 41 bottom bracket. Giving the Ice Cream Truck a PF41 bottom bracket allows the stays to move out and create a much stiffer rear end. The frame is spec’d with a 44mm headtube to give you options in the fork department and comes with a suspension corrected straight blade fork with dropouts spaced at 150mm with a 15mm thru-axle.
The Ice Cream Truck borrows elements from the Krampus and Instigator geometries to make this bike feel frisky and limber. The complete build rounds out this bike as an aggressive trail bomber. And with 4.8” tyres on 100mm rims you have the option of going through instead of around anything in your path.
This product is: Available in-store
Available via in-store pickup.
- Tubing: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. ED coated. Triple-butted main triangle. TIG-welded.
- Rear Dropouts: Surly Modular Dropout System gives you the option of 197 x 12 thru axle (Shimano Direct Mount derailleur hanger [axle included]), 10mm QR geared, or singlespeed.
- Brake Compatibility: 51mm IS disc mounts frame and fork
- Braze-ons/extras: Dual water bottle mounts (L-XXL), Single water bottle mount (XS-MD), Surly Trip Guide full line guides for brake and derailleurs, fender and rack eyelets.
- Seatpost Diameter: 30.9mm
- Seatpost Clamp Diameter: 33.1mm (Surly clamp included)
- Headset/Steerer Tube: 44mm ID. Recommend EC44 lower cups. Zero Stack on top is OK.
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: Direct mount 34.9mm diameter (adapter included)
- Bottom Bracket Shell: Surly Pressfit Bottom Bracket PF41/132
- Chainring Clearance: 22/36t NOTE: This is specific to using a Surly O.D. Crank—use of other cranks may limit number and size of rings and may cause tire/chain rub!
- Tyre Clearance: 4.8″ tyres on 100mm rims, hell yes
- Fork: 1-1/8″ straight steerer, tapered straight blade 4130 CroMoly. 483mm axle to crown, 47mm offset. 51mm IS front standard disc mount. 150mm x 15mm thru axle dropouts (axle included).
- Thru Axle: HU0139 Surly 15×150 Front Thru Axle | HU0136 Surly 12×197 Rear Thru Axle
- Colour: Jack Frost Blue